ABOUT BISHOP SCHAD REGIONAL SCHOOL

Bienvenida del Director,

¿Qué encontrará en la escuela regional Bishop Schad?

Ti mismo.  Eso es lo que hace que la escuela regional del Bishop Schad sea tan especial-y lo que me hace sentir tan orgullosa de ser parte de esta comunidad creativa y diversa.  Valoramos a cada estudiante por lo que eres, lo que amas y lo que quieres lograr. 

 

Aquí en el Bishop Schad ofrecemos a cada estudiante la oportunidad de descubrir sus habilidades académicas, el estímulo para asumir nuevos desafíos, y la confianza para hacer todas las cosas con la guía del Espíritu Santo. 

 

Personalmente, le invito a que vea por sí mismo la escuela regional Bishop Schad: la diversidad de nuestros estudiantes, el compromiso de nuestros maestros y la familia que existe dentro de nuestra escuela.

Que dios te bendiga,

Sr. Rosa Maria Ojeda
Director de la escuela

Our Mission

La escuela regional Bishop Schad, en presencia de Jesús, proporciona un ambiente académico que promueve el aprendizaje de toda la vida con los valores evangélicos para el desarrollo de personas responsables intelectualmente maduras y católicas de fe, visión y propósito.

CESS logo.jpg
Our History

History of Bishop Schad Regional School

The 2016-2017 school year marked the 95th anniversary of Bishop Schad Regional School (formerly Sacred Heart Grammar school). On July 2,1919, Rev. James Bulfin was assigned as the new pastor of Sacred Heart Church. He consulted with Bishop Thomas J. Walsh about a bigger church. However, Bishop Walsh stated “School first - Church second. He frequently said... without religious training, our youth and our schools and Churches will soon be empty and then in a few years, there will be no need for Churches.” This was the beginning of Catholic education in Cumberland County. In May, 1921, the building was completed and dedicated. A young James Schad , a future graduate who went on to serve as the only auxiliary bishop in the Camden Diocese, aided in the construction of the school. As a youth, he spent a summer laboring by the side of his father during the school’s construction. In September of 1921, the doors opened with a first enrollment of 235 students. The parish welcomed the arrival of five Sisters of St. Joseph to staff the school, and continued to do so for many years. Through the years, as the number of sisters available to staff the school decreased, dedicated lay teachers took up the task of helping students become good Catholics and responsible citizens. In 2007, Sacred Heart Grammar School (after merging with a few schools after the reconsolidation process) was officially renamed Bishop Schad Regional School. In 2016, the parish and school welcomed the Missionary Daughters of the Most Pure Virgin Mary. Sr. Rosa Maria Ojeda joined the Bishop Schad School family as the new principal along with four sisters. Although it has undergone changes throughout the past 95 years, religious values, on which the school was founded, continue to be stressed.!

​​​​​​​

  • White Facebook Icon
  • White Instagram Icon
  • White YouTube Icon

CONNECT WITH US:

Bishop Schad Regional School

922 E. Landis Avenue

Vineland, NJ 08360

856-691-4490

© 2018 by Bishop Schad Regional School.

CESS logo.jpg